Our Responsible Gambling Philosophy
Responsible gambling means staying in control of how much time and money we spend gambling. Just like with other forms of entertainment, gambling is a form of expenditure, and responsible gambling means not spending more money or time than we can reasonably afford, keeping in mind all our other responsibilities in life. As consumers we must make choices based on the facts behind the gambling product, knowing and accepting the odds, and keeping our chances of winning in perspective. We have a responsibility to budget for our gambling activity just as we do for other forms of entertainment such as going to a restaurant, the cinema or a sporting venue. We should spend only what we can afford.
Preventing Underage Gambling
Our product design and communications strategy put Responsible Gaming principles first. We design our offerings in a manner that will not be likely to encourage excessive and irresponsible play.
Game design elements we put in place include:
- Low minimum bet amount for lottery games.
- Modest jackpots relative to international standards. Around $10 million and offered only for special lottery draws that happen a few times a year.
- Account betting services limited to customers at least 21 years of age and have a minimum income of $30,000 per year.
- Self-control mechanisms for accounts such as budget setting and a self-exclusion option.
- No betting on credit. Our outlets only accept cash.
- No product designed to attract persons under the age of 18.